Mental Health in Music
We have special interest and expertise in serving
the Canadian music industry.
Our integrated solutions are tailored to support artists, crew, technicians, managers, and industry partners.
Are you a member of the Canadian music industry facing the unique challenges that make it difficult to maintain mental health and well-being?
Did you know...
In any given year, 1 in 5 Canadians experiences a mental illness or addiction problem.
By the time Canadians reach 40, 1 in 2 have or have had a mental illness.
A growing body of evidence demonstrates that promotion, prevention, and early intervention initiatives show positive returns on investment.
Centre for Addiction and Mental Health (CAMH), 2021
Research shows the prevalence of mental illness is 2-3 times higher in the music industry.
Music industry professionals know it’s challenging to find balance.
Your work environment means erratic sleep, poor nutrition, unhealthy substance use, and a topsy-turvy lifestyle.
There is an expectation of always being ” on “ and not suffering the consequences.
Our solutions help you:
Our mission is to improve the daily experience of music industry professionals by improving a sense of agency, self-determination, capability and literacy.
- Increase your knowledge of the mental health continuum (from flourishing to illness) and how to build a mental health toolkit.
- Gain greater confidence and hands-on experience to assist someone experiencing a mental challenge.
- Learn how to respond to someone experiencing these conditions using set action plans and crisis intervention strategies.
- Decrease existing stigmatizing attitudes.
- Improve the mental health of yourself and those around you.
Originally published in Canadian Musician Magazine, January 2023
Edited version first published in Canadian Musician Magazine, May 2022